Sunday 3 June 2012

Weekly Menu: June 3-9

Every week, I will post a menu of what I will be making for dinners throughout the week. Each day, I'll try to  post a recipe with pictures and as much health information as I can get (namely, calories, carbs, fats).

For breakfasts, I have one ViSalus shake (made with either frozen berries, frozen mango pieces, or some cocoa).

Lunch is usually leftovers from the night before, two eggs with spinach/red peppers/onions/mushrooms, a turkey/spinach/lite mayo/mozzarella cheese sandwich, or KD for days that I cave.

Saturdays/Sundays are days I generally save for my main carbs (such as pizza/pasta/bread). However, I sometimes make rice during the week to accompany some of the dishes I make (such as creamy curry shrimp, this week).

When I have snacks, I limit myself to fruits (bananas, mangoes, apples, kiwis, etc.). As I progress into this "diet" (i.e. lifestyle), I am going to try out some other healthy snacks from Eat Clean recipe books, and I'll let you know how that goes.

This is a sample of what this week looks like for dinner:

Sunday
Breakfast for Dinner
     2 eggs
     2 slices of bacon
     2 slices of toast

Monday
Creamy Curry Shrimp (with rice)
     1 lb. shrimp
     1/2 cup sour cream
     1 tbsp. curry powder
     14 oz. diced tomatoes
     1 cup rice

Tuesday
Lasagna Cupcakes (made with NO lasagna noodles, and still super yummy!)
     1/4 pk. ground turkey/beef
     2 mushrooms (or as much as you want)
     1/4 cup onions (or as much as you want)
     1 crushed tomato (can substitute with tomato sauce if you prefer)
     1/2 cup ricotta cheese
     spinach leaves (as many as you want, really)
     1 egg
     wonton wrappers

Wednesday (**my boyfriend surprised me with omlettes, so I didn't make this**)  
Chicken Parmesan (and Green Beans)
     2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
     Parmesan cheese (enough to cover the tops of the chicken)
     1/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
     1 egg
     1/4 cup tomato sauce

Thursday
Chicken and Mushrooms 
     2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
     2 mushrooms
     red wine (yay!)
     Flour
     Chicken broth
     Dried thyme

Friday (**I volunteered at the OMO, and they provided dinner**)
Cheesy Burger Skillet
     3 hamburger patties
     Dijon mustard
     2 wedges Laughing Cow Lite Swiss cheese
*will have to wait until I cook this one before I add the rest of the ingredients*
   

Saturday (**my boyfriend made this when I wasn't home, so I couldn't take pics**)
Homemade Pizza (with store-bought dough)
     Dough
     Pizza sauce
     16 slices Turkey pepperoni (honestly, tastes just as good as regular pepperoni, but much healthier!)
     4 mushrooms
     1/4-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese





No comments:

Post a Comment