Thursday 14 June 2012

Veggie Alfredo

I LOVE pasta and I LOVE alfredo, so for my pasta day (once a week), I decided to use up the rest of the veggies that I had left over from the week. So here we go...

Ingredients
Pasta (I use linguine)
Assorted veggies, however much of each that you want (I used about 1/4 cup of each).
   - broccoli 
   - mushrooms
   - onions
   - tomatoes
   - spinach
Alfredo sauce (however much you need, depending on how much you want)
Garlic powder
Pepper

Directions
1. Bring water to boil. Cook pasta according to given directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, start cooking veggies in 1-2 tbsp. olive oil. Start with thicker veggies (cook broccoli for about 3 minutes before adding mushrooms and onions. Cook until mushrooms begin to turn brown. Add tomatoes and spinach. Cook for 2 minutes, then add alfredo sauce (I add 1/2 jar of Classico alfredo sauce).  Simmer on low until pasta is ready.
3. Serve and enjoy.



The website rotates it this way, I don't know why :(



No comments:

Post a Comment