Monday 11 June 2012

Chicken and Mushrooms in Red Wine Sauce

Honestly, when I made this, I was not expecting the sauce to be as purple as it was. But, it was yummy. It did feel, though, as if something was missing, so I might make it again and play around with that flavour I was missing. Definitely more of a winter-y meal, though.

Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (pound them to make them as thin as you can)
1 tbsp. olive oil
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup sliced white mushroom (I used 2 large mushrooms -- one for each person)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup dry (or alcohol-free) red wine
1/2 tsp. dried thyme


Directions


1. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3-5 minutes per side (until lightly browned and most of the pink is gone). Transfer to plate and cover to keep warm.

This pic is sideways, but this is the seasoned chicken.

2. Add mushrooms and garlic to same pan. Cook on medium for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms start to brown.

3. Add flour. Heat and stir for 1 minute. Slowly, add broth and wine, stirring constantly. Add thyme. Heat and stir until boiling and thickened. Then, add chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.

Mushrooms and flour
Chicken broth

Sauce

I served this on a bed of brown rice, which was yummy!

(again, I forgot an end picture! When I make this again, I will update!)

No comments:

Post a Comment